Monday 9 May 2011

Platform speech

This is what I scribbled down for my platform speech at 5am in the morning- ish.

"I would like to thank all those involved in the election process in Perthshire North-  the returning officers, police and all those council staff here this evening.

I would like to thank all my camapign team....Lewis, Peter, Tina, Dorothy, May, Phil and everyone who contributed to our overall team effort. Thank you.

I would like to congratulate John Swinney and his team for their result this evening. Well done to you all. You appear to have a mandate to take forward your manifesto over the next five years.

I would like to thank my other two fellow candidates, Murdo Fraser and Pete Cheema for their efforts throughout.

This has been my first ever parliamentary campaign. It has been a very steep learning curve. I plan to persevere.

This has not been a good result for us, either at a local or a national level. However, Liberal Democrat values will be more important now than ever. We will not put those aside just because things happen to be difficult at the moment. As a local party, we will re-group and re-apply ourselves to working for our local communities across Perth and Kinross.

Thank you."

No comments:

Post a Comment